Please note: this meeting's minutes have not been finalized yet. Actions taken on legislation and their results are not available.
Meeting Name: Heritage Barrie Committee Agenda status: Final
Meeting date/time: 1/12/2022 6:30 PM Minutes status: Draft  
Meeting location: Virtual Meeting
Published agenda: Agenda Agenda Published minutes: Not available  
Meeting video:  
Attachments:
File #Ver.Agenda #NameTypeTitleActionResultAction DetailsVideo
TMP-28368 2  Discussion Item - ACCOMMITTEE BUDGET UPDATE Councillor, C. Riepma provided an update concerning the Committee’s 2022 budget. The Committee discussed potential expenditures for heritage plaques for listed and designated buildings, historical walking tour booklets, creation of educational material and Committee banner for use at heritage events, and that further discussion will take place at the next week. Deb Exel volunteered to update the historical walking tour booklets and will provide an update at the next meeting. Councillor, C. Riepma advised that he will contact staff in Access Barrie to discuss communications requirements related to the walking tour books.   Not available Not available
TMP-28369 2  Discussion Item - ACCOMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY The Committee discussed creating a communications strategy plan. Shelley Marchant volunteered to work on preparing a communications strategy plan and will report back and the next Committee meeting.   Not available Not available
TMP-28370 1  Discussion Item - ACPROMOTING HERITAGE - BARRIE DISTRICT ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (BDAR) Councillor, C. Riepma provided an update concerning promoting heritage with the Barrie District Association of Realtors (BDAR). He advised that the BDAR was interested in sponsoring or supporting the 2021 Heritage Barrie Awards or possible other Committee initiatives. Councillor Riepma also mentioned that BDAR was interested in having the Committee provide a presentation to their organization as an opportunity to promote heritage in Barrie. The Committee discussed the Barrie District Association of Realtors (BDAR) interest in sponsoring the Heritage Barrie Awards and potential other Committee initiatives. The Committee felt that given the timelines there is not enough time to investigate BDAR’s sponsorship interest in the 2021 Heritage Awards but agreed to look into future awards or other possible Committee initiatives. The Committee agreed that in consultation with City staff to investigate sponsorship opportunities for the Barrie District Association of Realtors to support future Heritage Barrie Awards or Com   Not available Not available
TMP-28371 2  Discussion Item - ACBRADFORD STREET PROPERTIES SUBCOMMITTEE UPDATE That the Bradford Street Properties Subcommittee Update was deferred until the next meeting.   Not available Not available
TMP-28372 2  Discussion Item - AC2021 HERITAGE BARRIE AWARDS The Committee discussed the 2021 Heritage Barrie Awards. The Heritage Barrie Awards have been scheduled virtually for the City Council meeting to be held on February 14, 2022. Councillor, C. Riepma suggested including the recipients Ward Councillor during the presentation of the awards. Tammie Maynard, Committee Support Clerk will notify the winners of the 2021 Heritage Barrie Awards. The Committee will discuss the Heritage Barrie Awards at their next meeting.   Not available Not available
TMP-28373 1  Discussion Item - AC2022 HERITAGE WEEK Councillor, C. Riepma provided update concerning the 2022 Heritage Week. The Committee agreed that due to the current restrictions with the COVID-19 pandemic that events would be limited to presentation of the Heritage Barrie Awards. The Committee will forward suggestions for future heritage week events to Kayleigh MacKinnon. Deb Exel acknowledged how brilliant it was that the ceremony for the Heritage Barrie Awards has been moved to coincide with Heritage Week which takes place annually during the month of February.   Not available Not available
TMP-28375 2  Discussion Item - ACSTATUS OF MUNICIPAL HERITAGE REGISTER There was no report provided concerning the Status of Municipal Heritage Register.   Not available Not available
TMP-28378 2  Discussion Item - ACDEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS UNDER REVIEW There was no report provided concerning the Development Applications under Review.   Not available Not available
TMP-28376 2  Discussion Item - ACHISTORIC STREET SIGNS Tammie Maynard, Committee Support Clerk provided an update concerning the Historic Street Signs. She advised that staff in Development Services placed an order in December, 2021 for the historic street signs and that staff in the Operations Department will be installing the signage over the course of 2022. She explained that it is estimated there are forty more intersections that still require historic street signage.   Not available Not available
TMP-28377 2  Discussion Item - ACHERITAGE PLAQUES Tammie Maynard, Committee Support Clerk provided an update concerning the status of the Heritage Plaques. She explained that currently there are at least fifteen properties remaining without a heritage plaque.   Not available Not available